Ultimate Antarctica: Falklands, South Georgia & the Antarctic Circle (Ocean Endeavour) on Ocean Endeavour
Discover all that Antarctica has to offer on this epic 23-day expedition that explores the Falkland Islands, South Georgia islands and the Antarctic peninsula, including crossing the rarely seen Antarctic Circle! Explore ‘The End of the World’ on the longest Antarctica trip available – a voyage of discovery aboard the Ocean Endeavour, where you’ll marvel at spectacularly rugged landscapes, thousands of king penguins and the abundant wildlife meccas of the south. Glide through ice floes in a Zodiac with your Expedition Team and take part in fascinating educational presentations. Keep your eye out for predatory seals, wandering albatross and migrating whales as you pass by towering ice-blue glaciers and icebergs. Round this unforgettable adventure off by reaching latitude 66°33’S, as you cross the fabled Antarctic Circle. With optional adventures like camping on the ice (there’s no better spot to experience the sound of silence), day paddling across icy waters and expert photography workshops, this journey of discovery and mateship is sure to be the trip of a lifetime.
- Try your hand at wildlife photography, witness thousands of nesting penguins and spot the largest albatross colony in the world in the Falkland Islands.
- Learn about the epic survival of Sir Ernest Shackleton in South Georgia and visit the site where he was buried, among sub-Antarctic landscapes and abundant wildlife.
- Explore the Antarctic Peninsula and cross the rarely experienced Antarctic Circle – reaching latitude 66°33’S. Keep your eyes out for migrating humpback whales!
- Experience daily Zodiac excursions and onshore landings in Antarctica and personalise your expedition with our wide range of optional adventures (like photography lessons and sea kayaking).
- Benefit from a variety of onboard activities on the Ocean Endeavour, including educational lectures and the Citizen Science Program, all led by our expert Expedition Team.
- Adventure and Active
Ocean Endeavour is a comfortable, well-appointed small expedition ship expertly engineered to explore the Polar Regions. The ship has an ice-strengthened hull, Zodiacs for exploration and remote landings, and advanced navigation equipment. This refurbished vessel offers a superb guest experience with an expansive choice of cabin categories, large cabins and common areas, a sundeck and observation area, plenty of deck space for polar landscape viewing, and lounges for learning and reflection. The ship’s interiors have a contemporary aesthetic that provides a bright and spacious feel throughout.
Ocean Endeavour is also the only polar adventure ship in Antarctica focused on health and wellness and offers a contemporary approach to cuisine and newly-designed health and fitness features. Facilities include a spa serviced by organic spa provider VOYA, His and Hers saunas, a saltwater pool, a gym, and a juice and smoothie bar. Complimentary activities include yoga and stretching classes, an exclusive Polar Photography program, the Scientists in Residence program, and hosts more adventure options than any other Quark Expeditions vessel. The ship also has a polar library, and a Polar Boutique for gifts and any needed gear.
As a responsible business, we've always been committed to being there for our travelers and the communities we visit. So, you can trust that when you travel with us, we won't just be there for you ...
|2||Embarkation in Ushuaia, Argentina|
|14-18||South Shetland Islands & Antarctic Peninsula|
|21-22||At sea, Drake Passage|
|23||Disembarkation in Ushuaia, Argentina|