European Pilgrimage Including Oberammergau - 2022
Pay homage to those that made the journey before you on this three-week pilgrimage of Montserrat's mystical Black Madonna, Lascaux's prehistoric cave paintings and Engelberg's many monasteries. Led by Local Experts, witness the famous Passion Play in Oberammergau. Join the candlelight Rosary procession in Lourdes and unveil the secrets of Gaudi’s unfinished cathedral masterpiece on the Sagrada Familia Tour in Barcelona. Across the Swiss border in lakeside Lucerne, the Chapel Bridge and baroque Jesuit Church give way to the sights and sounds of Vienna, including a private tour of the majestic Schönbrunn Palace.
- : Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxurious, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom. Our customized luxury coaches are sanitized before the start of your tour and are maintained to very high standards. Physical distancing measures have been implemented on our customized luxury coaches.
- : Experience enhanced hygiene protocols to align with the latest guidance following COVID-19.All Travel Directors, Well-Being Directors and Drivers have completed training in enhanced well-being and hygiene protocols.
- : We only work with establishments we are confident will consistently adhere to our high well-being standards, which include hotels, restaurants and sight-seeing venues.
- : Hand sanitizer is freely available on board for you to use throughout the day.
- : "There is nothing quite like sampling the many varieties of tapas. Every region has its own delicacies so you can be assured that you will taste different ones everywhere you go."
- Barcelona: Join your Travel Director at 18:00 for a Welcome Dinner at a local restaurant.
- Dining Summary: 7 Dinner with Wine (DW), 14 Breakfast (B), and 1 Dinner (D)
- Barcelona: Venture inside Gaudi's extraordinary masterpiece, the Sagrada Família and marvel at the contrasts of architecture. Above see its giant, tree-like pillars and spectacular vaulting. Admire the wonderful rainbow of the incredible stained-glass windows.
- Montserrat: Ascend Montserrat and enter the ornate “Basilica Real” to view the mystical Black Madonna.
- Lourdes: Every evening at 21.00, pilgrims gather with candles, responding to the Virgin Mary’s invitation to “come here in procession”. Join an ocean of light, from people all over the world and watch as the statue of “Our Lady of Lourdes” is carried in procession through the Sanctuary.
- Nevers: Visit the Convent of St Gildard in Nevers and walk in the footsteps of St Bernadette
- Stanserhorn: Journey to the top of Mount Stanserhorn on a panoramic, open-top cable car powered by solar energy, and enjoy spectacular views from the summit.
- Oberammergau: Experience the spectacular Passion Play that has made this town famous. Watch from your premium seat as local villagers perform as they have since 1634 in this once in a decade event. An emotive and critically acclaimed performance depicting Christ’s last days, this is an event not to be missed.
- Vienna: A private, guided exploration of Schönbrunn Palace will have all your senses tingling. Stand beneath frescoed ceilings, crystal chandeliers and gilded Rococo frames where Mozart performed as a child prodigy.
Additional Included Highlights
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
|1||Welcome to Barcelona|
|2||Barcelona, City of Gaudi|
|3||Montserrat and The Black Madonna|
|4||Barcelona to Lourdes|
|6||Lourdes to Brive La Gaillard|
|7||Lascaux Excursion Relaxed Start|
|8||Brive La Gaillard to Dijon|
|9||Free Time in Dijon Relaxed Start|
|10||Dijon to Engelberg|
|12||Engelberg to Oberammergau|
|13||Oberammergau to Vienna|